English for Specific Purposes
English for Specific Purposes (ESP) is a learner-centred approach to English as a second language (ESL), which focuses on building specific language and vocabulary for learners who need to improve a particular area of communication, or to work in a certain industry. Students are also exposed to a specific industry or workplace, giving them real-world communication practice.
ESP programs differ from general English language courses and learners can benefit from the following:
- Designed to meet the specific needs of the learners.
- Related in content (themes and topics) to particular disciplines or occupations.
- Use authentic work-specific documents and materials.
- Promote cultural awareness and seeks to improve intercultural competency.
- Deliver intermediate and advanced level language training with a fixed objective in mind.
- Some students have their own set of needs that might not be addressed by a traditional ESL class.
Courses are now available online!
Anytime, anywhere with our Online Private Classes
Have structured, highly interactive and stimulating English Lessons in a virtual classroom environment with your tutor, at a time to suit you. Your tutor will give you the same structured, interactive learning programme as if you were face-to-face in a classroom; the methodology, the contents of your classes and the material used will remain unchanged.
Our innovative and modern way of learning, with expert tutors, allows you to have high-quality, personalised tuition with the same quality and effectiveness of a traditional classroom. Now you can learn any time, anywhere.
- Personalised your courses to fit around your busy life.
- learn at home or in the office, on your own personal schedule.
- Your progress towards achieving these goals will be monitored closely throughout the course
- One-on-one, live, online language instruction.
- Same learning content as on-site courses.
- Lessons can be scheduled flexibly online.
- Focus on your language-learning needs and goals.
How it works
- All you need is a laptop, mobile or tablet and a headset with a microphone.
- Create and manage your own schedule, and join lessons at the best time for you.
- 60-90 minute lessons, each with a clear goal – for progress every time.
Interested in this course for your Business or Team ?
If you have a team to train, we specialise in developing the English Language Skills of employees at all level of seniority. Whether it’s in a group setting or private one-to-one setting, we can get your team to be proficient in English. Contact us for a quotation.